Money Coaches Canada Inc. values your business and we thank you for your confidence in choosing us as your source of financial advice and information. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of working with us.
Your Rights as They Pertain to Your Personal Information
- You have the right to know an organization collects, uses, or discloses your personal information.
- You have the right to expect an organization to handle your information reasonably and to not use it for any other purpose other than the one to which you consented.
- You have the right to know who in an organization is responsible for protecting your information.
- You have the right to expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
- You have the right to inspect the information an organization holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current.
- You have the right to expect an organization to destroy your information when requested (subject to legal requirements) and when no longer required for the intended purpose.
- You have the right to complain to an organization about how it handles your information and, if necessary, FP Canada or the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
What Types of Information We Collect and How We Collect, Use and Disclose It
We collect client information via a confidential financial questionnaire along with supporting documents which may include your banking and investment account information, tax documents, credit card and employment pay statements. You grant your consent for our firm to use this information in order to:
- Provide you with financial planning services that best meet your needs
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner
- Analyse business results
- Act as required or authorized by law
What We Will Not Do With Your Information
Unless we have your written consent, we do not share your personal and financial information with organizations outside of our relationship with you unless required by law. We never sell your personal information.
We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information
All employees and associates who are granted access to client records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential and to use it only for the purposes intended. This requirement is clearly communicated. We’ve also established multiple layers of physical and digital security safeguards, along with proper processes, to protect client information from unauthorized access or use. These system safeguards and processes include:
- Full volume encryption of computer hard drives, company-wide.
- Firewalls active on all computers and networks.
- Enterprise-grade threat intelligence that provides 24/7 surveillance of company networks against viruses, malware, ransomware, spam, and phishing attacks.
- Complex passwords and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) required for all Money Coaches Canada network access.
- Ongoing back-ups of IT infrastructure to a secure encrypted data centre within Canada managed by a specialized cloud, data protection and cybersecurity provider.
- Files shared between clients and associates via password-protected and encrypted Microsoft 365 shared folders, with all client data stored within Canada.
- Physical client files kept in locked cabinets.
- After payment processing, client credit card numbers are not kept on file.
- Quarterly training for staff on cybersecurity and emerging threats.
- Semi annual company-wide review of our “Best Practices for Privacy and Security” manual.
Your Privacy Choices
You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us with reasonable notice) by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested advice and services.
Our Privacy Officer is:
Tim Crocker, Manager, Client Services and Operations
Money Coaches Canada
#720 – 999 West Broadway
Vancouver BC V5Z 1K5